View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2020, 5:31 pm   #70
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Favourite Radio Stations past and present.

As I may have already mentioned, I used to listen to AFN. My opinion was that it was good to be able to hear American Radio shows, particularly the hout of the 'Grand Ole Opry', which they used to broadcast on a Saturday evening, admittedly from memory shorn of the Guest Stars habit of mentioning the segments' sponsors at least twice in every 15-minute section ('Martha White's was one which sticks in my mind as quite a few years ago now a German kady who lived in Murfreesboro, near Nashville, sent me some tapes of the Opry recorded directly from WSM Radio. c/w the commercials. Nowadays of course, WSM and many other stations are available 24/7/365 on the internet. When there was flooding in the Nashville area some years ago, because I knew someone who lived in Murfreesboro, I found a local Talk Station there, and kept up to date with the situation that way, remembering, of course, that, due to the 6 hour time difference between UK & Tennessee< I was hearing their Breakfast program at lunchtime. Apologies if this has taken the thread off topic, folks!