View Single Post
Old 15th May 2019, 3:55 pm   #40
john_newcombe
Hexode

Default Re: Gemini 80-Bus System

Thanks John.

Now that I have an xbeaver up and running my next task is to boot the real machine to CP/M. I will try and source some Shugart interface drives and I will run the Format.com program you sent me. In the meantime I am playing around with the FlashFloppy software running on a Gotek and reading all that I can about RAW image formats.

I am thinking that a RAW image format should contain everything that was on the disk e.g. ID Address Marks, sector header, gap bytes, Data Address marks, sector data and CRCs etc. Do you think that would be correct?

I have the sector data directly from the .DMP images and I have the Gemini CP/M disk format in the very detailed articles published in Scorpio issues 1-4 by M.W.T Waters. It wouldn't take much to assemble this data into a proper RAW image.

Armed with the above information I wonder if by speaking to the Author, the Gemini definition(s) could be added to FlashFloppy. As the product is open source, I could even have a go myself.

I am hoping that in the longer term I will get to the point where I have a fully working CP/M Gemini machine with Floppy and HD. The journey is the fun bit though.