Thread: Telpro C561
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2021, 12:52 am   #3
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Re: Telpro C561

Evening Chris!

A Bradford 22" LOPT is the one you want for this – I seem to remember it was a Mullard AT2055 if my memory serves me correctly!

If you can't get a genuine Bradford or Weyrad transformer, PM me if you're stuck and I'll go through my newly acquired stash of CTV service manuals and list all those that are the most compatible with the circuit!

You could probably get one from a GEC (2040 s/s) or ITT hybrid (CVC5) (or even!) a Pye hybrid one to work if you amended the fifth–harmonic tuning capacitors – all British hybrid CTVs used identical specification line scan coils, so if you were able to mount it on the chassis ok, any s/s British hybrid LOPT for 25kV tripler operation will do at a pinch, although you might have to experiment with the auxiliary pulse feeds if you're really unlucky to get the pulse polarities and amplitudes right!

Unfortunately I don't have any old line transformers myself as I migrated over to T & M when the analogue TV transmitters closed down — Aurora's were much more than I could afford at the time so I never got into CTV restoration myself!

Chris Williams

Last edited by Chris55000; 21st Feb 2021 at 1:08 am.