View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2022, 10:47 pm   #16
Richard_FM
Nonode

Default Re: How safe are our collections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave walsh View Post
Hi Richard. You once visited Ramsbottom for a very enjoyable day, buying one of the Marconi series Marine Radio's [you are an impressive electronics expert and vinyl archivist] from me and enjoying a lunch that included Thwaites bitter. Unfortunately Covid and latterly, my daughter's illness has meant a lack of contact which I still hope to re-establish. I'm just making a public comment on here to put [perhaps] mickm's genuine concerns in context. At one point, in my social work career, we were given a building to convert into a Family Therapy Centre. We breached the structure as volunteers [cutting in viewing windows etc] but it was later totally condemned and isolated due to blue asbestos. So far. as I'm aware, there are no negative outcomes for the participants including me!. Perhaps we all have a better life expectation these days but eat and drink too much of the the wrong things [I'm very guilty, no question] and we are around much longer. There's plenty of radiation to worry about after Chernobyl and current events but perhaps not so much from electrical equipment Has anyone ever died from radiation as a result of serving in a Nuclear Submarine? Politicians are now racing to recommend these military, compact, safe and [ROLLS ROYCE] efficient power units. The late, great James Lovelock said he would be happy to have one in his garden, with the grandchildren present!

"Living Too Late " Mark E Smith The Fall [Dead at 60]
I think you have the wrong Richard if this was intended for me! At first I thought it was a PM wrongly pasted here!