View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2021, 11:35 am   #3
Pinball
Triode

Default Re: 1920s Grebe radio 'restricted' by ebay Global Shipping Programme

Thank you for allowing the post, which is much appreciated, as I do think this is an important, potentially quite damaging issue for the vintage radio community. What is the issue with making this type of post that may be problematic for the forum, as I do not wish to break any forum rules?

Regarding eBay, their email to me stated:

"We're writing to inform you that your recent purchase through the Global Shipping Programme from [] can't be completed.

The item in question has been classified as restricted. This could be due to import/delivery restrictions or eligibility requirements within the Global Shipping Programme. The item will not be sent on to its final destination and will not be returned to you.

Don’t worry, we'll send a full refund to your original payment method within 72 hours. You may notice two separate refunds; a refund for the item and a refund for the postage and import costs. No further action is needed."

There is no further information provided, and no appeal process or ability to discuss with anyone. Most concerningly, given the seller and GSP site are both in the US, the seller will not be sent back the radio, so it is now lost to the vintage radio community, and unknown what Pitney Bowes will now do with this radio.