View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2019, 5:48 pm   #443
kalee20
Dekatron

Default Re: connectors made from exotic materials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Wrangler View Post
I like the bit about the mains cable being the first part of any system and that it's important that it does not introduce distortion...

Maybe 3-phase, full-wave rectification is the way to go? PFC is too complicated and involves feedback loops (Boo! Hiss!) so it must sound bad.
Agree, but the mains cables can only supply power as good as is fed into them. Maybe there's room for an Audiophile Energy Supplier, one whose electricity comes only from nuclear reactors fuelled by magnetically treated, oxygen-free, enriched uranium? Or pulverised, re-crystallised, cryo-treated coal? The thought of random pressure fluctuations in the boilers affecting the supply's source impedance scares the hell out of me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Wrangler View Post
I work in the radio frequency side of the aerospace industry... Maybe if we switched to audiophile stuff, all the passengers would feel a lot more arrived, and would be driven to re-visit all their previous destinations using the new, improved plane?
I'm suddenly wondering if that will be shown to be the cause of the B737 crashes, not using grain-oriented, oxygen-free, cryogenically treated, lead-overwound cables and connectors for the digital fly-by-wire signals?
kalee20 is offline   Reply With Quote