Thread: Kennedy 9610
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2022, 5:20 pm   #15
G6ONEDave
Octode

Default Re: Kennedy 9610

Thank you SunSPARC, all very helpful. I realise that I'm extremely late to this particular party. It would be good to retrieve the images if the tapes have not degraded too much, likewise don't know what condition the heads are in either at present. The tape deck is on the floor in a corner of my workshop and has about 40 spool tapes stacked in 3 piles on top of it. There are some other odds and sods piled above those. Space is at a premium in my workshop at present.

I do have a couple of ISA slot SCSI cards around here in one of my storage areas, so I'll try to remember where they are hiding, at least that might be step forward.

I have a neighbour who is really into Mac's and I have asked him if by any chance he has copy of the software from that time. Not holding my breath but you just never know. He does currently have the A3 scanner that used to be used by the Doncaster Free Press and it sounds to be even larger than the Howtek!

Interesting that the printer is 386 based with 12 Mb of RAM, thats a higher spec than my newer 486 desktop. I have been pricing up 4Mb SIMMS with parity (4MB x 9) and every time I find a reasonable price, they only have one of it. Before anyone suggests to use the 8 bit version, I can't as the parity bit is not easily changeable in bios.

I do have a computer that is all cards in a cabinet that stands about 4ft high. Don't know what it actually is but maybe that could be a contender to use. Only problem is that it's completely buried in one of the rooms in my outbuilding. I will unearth it eventually but no time soon. I'm struggling with space to move stuff into whilst emptying a given room. I am working on this issue albeit slowly.

In the meantime I'll keep looking and will check those links out.

Thanks again.

Dave