Thread: Kennedy 9610
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2022, 3:04 pm   #12
G6ONEDave
Octode

Default Re: Kennedy 9610

Thanks Radio Wrangler re the comment about Photoshop. The current version probably won't work on a 16 bit system. I say 16 bit because of Rambo1152's comment about the iRMX real time operating system. Having looked this iRMX up online it initially seems to have been written for the 8080, 8086 processors and then followed by the 386 processor the 286 seems to have been missed out. I actually still have an IBM clone desktop computer with a 486DX2-66 processor and a seperate maths co-processor (possibly 487). The computer has 4Mb RAM and a 420Mb HDD. All very obsolete by todays standards but possibly OK for early 1990's and the Kennedy 9610. There also appears to be a version of iRMX that works with Windows 3.1. I'll do some more investigation on this.

One thought though, is would the required computer use only one processor or would it have say a couple of processors fitted to the mobo (excluding maths co-processors). Also were there any systems that could go beyond the 4Mb RAM limit?

The other option is to look into the Sun, HP, DEC perhaps even IBM etc. I'll have to check out the software specifications to see if these were also an option.

Thanks all and please keep the comments coming.

Dave