Thread: Kennedy 9610
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2022, 11:50 am   #4
G6ONEDave
Octode

Default Re: Kennedy 9610

This tape deck is early 1990's as far as I can find. Here is a link to the internet archive site where there are some scans of manuals for this item:- https://archive.org/search.php?query=kennedy+9610

Hope the link helps anyone interested in checking out this beast. I'll try and get a pic of the rear panel at some point but it's currently a bit buried in the workshop.

An excerpt from the installation guide reads "The drive can operate in streaming mode at 100 ips or start/stop mode at 50 ips, and can read in either forward or reverse direction in all densities".

Whilst it won't be upto modern digital signals we are talking about an early system that perhaps could have been used for slomo or even freeze frame images. I only have what I was told at the time I aquired the deck hence my question.

If this equipment is proved to have been used in early digital or even analogue video then I'm donating it to the BECG.

The title on one of the tape spools reads:- Diver film 7206 x 2529 Please keep it a good blue like diver.

Dave