Thread: Kennedy 9610
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2022, 3:02 pm   #1
G6ONEDave
Octode

Default Kennedy 9610

Hi, I hope that there are some forum members who can help me with this request.

I have a Kennedy 9610 reel to reel tape deck, I was told at the time I received it (some 20 years ago) that it was used for Channel 4 racing programmes. I am trying to confirm this statement and so far have been in touch with Channel 4, who have informed me that the Channel 4 racing programmes were produced by a company called Highflyer Productions. Unfortunately this company ceased trading some years back, so I can't find a way to contact anyone there to answer my questions.

What I would like to know is if this Kennedy 9610 would have been used for video/audio. What computer system would have been used and what software.

The Kennedy 9610 tape deck takes 10" spools of magnetic tape that is 1/2" wide. The machine is a 9 track type and will run in reverse direction. It uses the SCSI interface for connection to a computer/editor.

I do have a pdf copy of the installation info that includes a desription of it's workings and connections. The tape deck is both analogue and digital.

I look forward to any further info, thanks.

Dave