Thread: Ortonview PCB
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2021, 6:18 pm   #149
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Ortonview PCB

I'm about 80% of the way through the Ortonview build now - like Tim I don't seem to have any of the required skeleton phono sockets but I can just use the socket-on-a-bit-of coax which I used with the original lash-up until I get one.

Main jobs left are to add the timing mod for the 74LS365 buffers (I did have the foresight to make the necessary discrete track cuts before I fitted the buffer sockets) and to strap whatever needs to be strapped to make the 6116 work, ignoring the battery backup setup for the time being. One thing I don't have which I thought I did are 220pF capacitors, so I have some of those on the way. I either need four to run the board with the 'primitive' fix or one to use on the buffer timing mod, so either way, I am stalled until they arrive.

Following Slothie's observation that OrtonView + Memory adds very little to the supply current drawn from +5V I have for now just linked the incoming +5V from the MK14 to what would be the output terminal of the regulator if it was fitted. I've fitted as many 0.1uF supply decoupling capacitors as I can see holes for.

The additional reg could still come into its own when we start running other bits of hardware, so it is good that there is already a place for it on the PCB.