Thread: Ortonview PCB
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2021, 9:46 pm   #25
Slothie
Octode

Default Re: Ortonview PCB

I did the edge connector pads that way for exactly that reason - it seemed to offer the most flexibility. In my case I will solder a dual-row 0.1" header pin strip edge-on to connect to the socket I soldered to my Issue VI. But you could equally do the same for a DIN style connector or an edge connector with a little massaging of the pins.

The video does have a PCB mounting RCA jack, I just haven't got round to making the 3D model for it and its a bit hard to see in the photo! Its the kind in the photo I got from eBay, but I think Farnell and others stock something with the same footprint.

If you want to run it off of the MK14's power, then I can put in a pad connected to the +5v on the edge connector, and you can wire that to the output of the non-populated regulator. This board is intended to be for experimental purposes, hence the place to put address caps or pin headers for logic probes, there are holes for the data bus too (a bit hidden in the photo) and you could always omit the buffers and link the connections over if required. The "noise" generator is entirey optional and only there because I want it for my experiments and while I'm making a PCB I can use a bit of the spare space!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RCAjack.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	237216