View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2021, 4:44 am   #15
GeraldSommariva
Pentode

Default Re: The Transam Triton Personal Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbucus View Post
The User Group magazine you mention was called Triangle and then just the Newsletter of the Triton User Group - many are missing so if you have any some scans would be appreciated! http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/d...November-1979/
Been in the loft and found these four Independent user group booklets each around 45 pages of A5 put out on Nov 1982 Feb 1983 May 1983 and Aug 1983.

Booklet number three has the list for subscribers to this group including my uncle Terry its Approx. 150+ people from all over the UK and includes people from Switzerland, West Germany, Spain, Belgium, Norway, Denmark, Canada, and Finland. so looks like the good old Triton got around a bit in the 80's

With regard's to getting my Triton going I think the first approach will be to see if I can read the EPROMs. I did have a EPROM programmer which plugged into the Triton via my added I/O port (blue connector left hand front) but that would require a working Triton and the SW to drive it. Have not found my EPROM programmer so far but did find my intel 8080 book.

So looking for a EPROM reader / programmer , I also remember the 2708 had a strange program sequence were you have to cycle n times depending on the program pulse width and you needed a high program pulse voltage too (+25V).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210301_222150.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	228028   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210302_033627.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	228029