View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2014, 1:15 am   #178
Steve FPV
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: 405-Line VHF Aerials in 2013-2014

Re post no 163.

Thanks SteveCG for the update on St. Andrews Road. I had a look round and the first picture is the array you reffer to. The second picture was taken in West Malvern just below The Brewers Arms. The UHF array is pointing at Ridge Hill, but I've no idea what the other antenna is looking at. I'm not even 100% sure its for TV.

The last two pictures were taken in the centre of Winchcombe. Both can be seen from the main square. The first is atop a large building that dominates the north end of the square and the second is a few yards down the main street to the north of the square. Clearly this was a fringe area at that time; these are quite serious arrays on all three bands including in one case that little bit of elevation to gain those extra few dBs. They are all pointing north towards the Birmingham area transmitters.

I'm a bit puzzled by the second Winchcombe array. How come the UHF array is at the top of the pole? Were the other two lowered down to give it pride of place at the top when colour came along?

Steve FPV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	St Andrews Road Malvern.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	96509   Click image for larger version

Name:	West Malvern 1.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	96510   Click image for larger version

Name:	Winchcombe 2.jpg