View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2020, 10:36 pm   #9
AdrianH
Octode

Default Re: Hope to start an audio amp with CV415/CV4046/TT15

Thanks for the comment on the chassis, all is not what it seems with my builds, I can not say I actually plan layouts before hand, much of it is dependant on what 'stock' I have. The steel I have left now is all offcuts from big sheets as I also from time to time play with plasma cutting. I had an off cut of a size this morning and got the transformer and choke and just sat them on there to see if things would just about fit. Same will probably happen with the valves, leave enough space between to get my fingers in to aid removal, put the three valves in a line and take it from there?

OK on the EF86, I do not have any and yes I noted they are getting to be pricey. Which is why I hinted at the EF91, I do have 3 EF184's as well but they will need testing to see if any good or not.

The reason I was considering the EF91, was I have several CV138 or Cv4014's in the old aircraft transceiver. I also went searching for valve circuits for them and found in one of the magazines an amp using the EF91 as the first valve, may not be perfect but at least I have some.

Adrian