View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2021, 9:56 pm   #60
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Re: GEC BT302 Television restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideband View Post
Now we're getting confused over values. You said you couldn't find any .2uF. For a .2uF you would need two .1uF in parallel. For .02uF you would need two .01uF in parallel. So do you need .2uF or .02uF.

Make sure the values you use are correct...
Apologies for that, that was a typo, I even went back to make sure I had got them all right but missed that one. I do definitely need 0.02uF, which I've made up.

The 0.1uF (to replace the 0.47uF) hasn't long arrived so I'll be fitting it in a second and seeing what difference it makes.

Apologies for that confusion.

Quote:
Dejavu indeed I am sure we have had this conversation once before in your G8 thread
We sure have haha, I had actually recapped this set a while back, way before the G8, but I could never get life out of it, so put it back for a while and worked on the G8 while I could find some more info on this set.

This thread has actually taught me a lot, so thank you all, and that I've also done it wrong in the G8, while they are technically in parallel, I'd misunderstood how it works and had connected the negative leads together, but thread each positive lead of each cap into the two PCB holes, so the negative leads aren't in circuit - I did wonder how it'd work like that...

I'll soon be going over that error.

I'll have to apologise all, I've never really worked with capacitors like this before (other than the G8 and messing that up) so this is all very new to me, so I thank you for your patience too - I know I must be testing it a bit at times... Sorry!

I'll let you know how replacing the caps with the correct values goes

Thanks
'77