View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2021, 9:32 am   #9
JHS_Syke
Triode

Default Re: How to repair a fine coarse tuning poti ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical Artificer View Post
I was going through my stash of 10 turn pots this week, I think I have a dual 1k 10 turn if you need it. 10 turn precision pots don't need "oil" or cleaning, they're helical wire wound with a slider. Carefull when soldering the connections, too much heat and you'll loose the connection, result, dead pot.

Some can be dis-mantelled,tricky fiddly job though.

Andy.

Thank Good, and bad enough, this assembly is not a wire wound, but made of plastic 270 degree pots. They are still similar in the consumer market made by a&b tt-electronics. I found them sold by many distributors
The mess was dirt in the coax axles. I believe the assembly was replace and mounted wrong, so knobs could collide.

It is not a good idea to spray something on the resistive structure. This will help only for a short time and kill it for sure in the end.
My strategy was, to open the mechanics and pull off the thick axle and gearbox.
It was really very fiddly. So I could clean the hollow axle and the thin axle separate and lube it. By the way the gearbox was fallen apart. It is made of plastic. some planetary gears in stack with a translation of ca. 1:25 working an very tiny plastic-structures. It is an sensible Instrument and should only by operated with care. I can be overturned very easily.

Jörg