Banned

Default Re: Rewireable 13Amp Plug Without Brass Earth Pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehertz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathovisor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehertz View Post
We're really in age where only qualified people should be working on electrical equipment. And yes, I realise that that's not the case.
I disagree strongly, having seen the standard of wiring perpetrated in my house by someone "qualified". Explain to me how a Chartered Engineer with the IET can design and sign off an installation, but cannot actually do the installation?

And as for self-certifying.... don't make me laugh. The trade equivalent of marking your own homework.
Ooh dear? Hmm, regarding what I said, exactly what are you disagreeing strongly with? If you have had a job done and are not satisfied with it, then you must complain to that person's boss and/or the trade organisation for which he represents. And I never even mentioned self certifying though it appears as if I did.
I had no redress at this point as the person who had arranged the work and I fell out over it, after she spent £20k of my money and besides which, why would I want those monkeys back in my house? I still have a non-continuous earth in the kitchen ring, only discovered when an earth fell off in a crammed FCU and I started getting tingles off kitchen appliances. I can - and do - much better work than that, so I did and I will continue to do so. I did most of the electrics here in 1986 and it hasn't caused any problems.

Where I disagree with you is that "only qualified people should work on electrics". NO. Only competent people should work on electrics - it's perfectly possible to be qualified AND be incompetent.

Last edited by Cathovisor; 6th Feb 2023 at 9:46 pm.