View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2020, 8:19 pm   #30
AdrianH
Octode

Default Re: My first foray into Old model TV repairs.

Thanks for the offer Peter, hang on for a while, I need to figure if I can get the set working and then take it from there. I also do not have any 5 or 2 amp free sockets so would probably be better seeing what modern day connectors I can change the two pins for. They would probably have been found if we still had the meetings happening.

I have the TV at 250 Volts from the buck converter now, the leaking current is starting to get down to numbers I would be happy plugging the unit in and the main smoothing caps then going bang. So tomorrow I wil have some current going through the LOPT to ensure it is dry althoiugh being inside in the house now for a few days should help.

I have ordered a HH2 which should be with me possibly towards the end of the coming week, but I have also found a way to generate 405 lines with software using my Hackrf-one being displayed OK on my Sony 9-90UB. I still wish to find a way of generating signals from my PC video card although this seems to be highly dependent on the cards in the PC, no success to date.

So this coming week when the wife is at work I shall play more.

Adrian