View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2020, 1:36 pm   #22
AdrianH
Octode

Default Re: My first foray into Old model TV repairs.

Dave I would be very pleased to have the scans of the service manual, I will pm you my email address. Thank you.

I have attached a picture from the underside of the frame with the screen removed, it seems to match the trader sheet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	myferg10.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	216322

I have also measured the resistances of the windings. I have removed the Width link so that it isolates the scan coils on the tube and between the Max width point C and the Anode of the PL81 there is 27 Ohms, 25 Ohms to the Min width setting.

If I measure between the Anode of the PL81 to the Anode of the EY51 gives me 12.3K Ohm. So going off Graham's previous post on resistances it would seem to be duff. If anyone has access to a 991T and could take similar measurements it would be appreciated.

Looking at the data sheet for the CRT the max lg3 current is in the order of 0.5 mA so the winding is only carrying a low average current and wonder if this 12K is OK?

The TV is no inside the house where I have the opportunity to take resistance readings of various parts. I have used some plastic sheet to protect the CRT next from the Ion trap magnet.

It will be a while before any form of mains is applied I would think. I have no mains variac so may need to use the series light build method of limiting things. Need a few valves first.

Adrian