View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2021, 5:14 pm   #10
murphyv310
Dekatron

Default Re: PYE D18T 9" table model 1946.

Hi.
Us mere mortals never land up with a set with a "Light layer of dust"
I've done both a B16T and a D16T in the last 10 months and they were really a mess. What with corroded EF50 valve bases and significant rust both sets were resurrected and are now displaying good pictures. One MW22-7 was completely shot but did able to get improvement with the slow reactivation process. The other the CRT was down to air. My good friend Frank sent me one and the result was indeed very good.
They are awkward to work on and the first one had slider control issues.
Not a bad set but I think I've had my fill of them, perhaps if I was fortunate to have a light layer of dust set I'd feel better.

Even late last year I got a Bush TV24C for £15 off ebay, boy was it grotty and I really thought it was a scrapper with no valves and the CRT base disconnected. Well after my famous washing process a recap, valves and a few other little repairs, it's brilliant and I defy anyone that there is a better one around, its just stunning. Another mess of a set, so filthy that it would make you ill only needed 1 electrolytic and a rectifier and again it's perfect mind you it's a Russian Rekord 14 inch from 1957, far superior components to ours still original caps and resistors all spot on, the cap and HT rectifier were missing and that's it, amazing.