View Single Post
Old 31st May 2021, 8:52 pm   #10
peter_scott
Dekatron

Default Re: Marconi 702 sound problems

For quite a number of years I was under the (mistaken) impression that the Aurora was incapable of reproducing the the top two gratings but I was wrong and it was simply that the Test Card C image that was in my Aurora was of limited resolution. It's very simple to write images into the Aurora. I've sent you a decent image to your .illinois.edu email.

Peter

User Pushbutton:
The User Pushbutton is used to store a default image into the internal FLASH
memory. On the SCRF525M-SC, it is additionally used to control the color phasing
of the output, rotating by one field each time the button is pushed momentarily.
To store a default image, the converter must be in it’s normal operating mode,
with a valid video input connected, and a Solid Status LED. If a valid video input is
not connected, the button will have no effect. With a stable, stationary video input
applied, the user button may be pressed and held for 2 seconds by inserting a paper
clip, or other small tool into the hole in the back of the unit. The Status LED will
begin to flash quickly, indicating storing of the image FLASH is taking place. This
process can take about 15 seconds, and the video signal must not be disturbed during
this process. Once the image is stored, the Status LED will return to solid.
Once an image is stored, whenever there is no video input connected to the unit,
the default image stored in the FLASH will be outputted.

Last edited by peter_scott; 31st May 2021 at 9:03 pm.