View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2020, 8:58 pm   #118
AdrianH
Octode

Default Re: My first foray into Old model TV repairs.

The TV has gone back into its cabinet tonight.
Click image for larger version

Name:	myferg27.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	217348
The new plywood panel has been painted several times with walnut wood-stain and the other panels as well after a light sanding. I am still flattening out the back panel and it looks as though the pink paint that is on the back will have to stay, trying to rub it off started to remove the backboard finish. Perhaps use of walnut stain may tone it down somewhat.
Click image for larger version

Name:	myferg26.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	217347Click image for larger version

Name:	myferg28.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	217349

I fitted some new ECL80's into the sync circuits, but to be honest with very little change to the frame linearity.

Not saying the set will not be taken out of the case at some point soon, but need to move on to a few other unfinished projects soon.

Thanks for the comment Alan, if you could pin it down from memory to what year that would be good as there are a lot of mags to go through to find the article.

I think I have helped reduce the screen effect, or at least made it go away quicker! I had trouble trying with minimal raster to set the ion magnet so in the end resorted to doing it at full brightness to the point where all the screen is of close as possible to the same brightness. It seems to help and give a slightly brighter picture, but turning the brightness control full up does now shift it within 30 seconds and not the minutes previous.

Adrian