View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2020, 6:56 pm   #67
AdrianH
Octode

Default Re: My first foray into Old model TV repairs.

I replaced the 4 electrolitics today and have more range on the linearity controls, I did spend time emptying out the cardboard encased capacitors, was about to figure a way of getting new ones in side, then had a closer look under the chassis.

I thought about the 2 and 3 inch pieces of wire from the caps to where they are connected, and decided it was better to do it another way, so now new caps are just soldered to the valve pins directly and down to a nearby earth point all with standard wires on the caps, it goes with some of the previous repairs.

I have also been checking out the cabinet on mine, one side as mentioned has started to separate the plywood layers, but I have been managing to use wood glue and a series of clamps to get the top of the cabinet to stick it self back together. I have knocked out the side that has suffered the most and plan to use this as a template for a new piece of ply and then get the router out and see what I can do.

I do not believe the cores are broken, I have not removed them but will take the knob off and wind the control to the top to take a picture.

Here are some pictures of the original listing, I have cropped and resized them as I have no other pictures of the cabinet at present. Not sure if they will help and I have no problems providing measurements if required.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ferg1crop.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	216767

Name:	Ferg2crop.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	216768

Name:	Ferg3crop.jpg