Thread: Die pictures
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2020, 11:56 am   #24
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Die pictures

The letters HP in a heart is not surprising because this is a product line developed and made by HP's Loveland division, at Loveland in Colorado. They were quite aggressive at moving into product areas supposedly allocated to other divisions. The other divisions thought they got away with murder.

The other divisions in Colorado were 'the Springs' or Colorado Springs which did scopes and logic analysers. Fort Collins did something in computing that I was never involved with.

There were plenty of tensions within HP and a fair dose of inter-divisional rivalry. It behaved more like an industry than as a single company.

Look up John Wastle's memoir on the HP memory website. They published it pretty much as is, though a few names were changed although those in the know can decode them. It makes fascinating reading. I knew John for many years and yep, he's telling it like it was. Red in tooth and claw!

David