View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2022, 12:22 pm   #6
russell_w_b
Dekatron

Default Re: Cap question - GPO Series 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by els1967 View Post
'Yup all good. You might be interested to know I've built and exchange based on this one but used an Arduino Mega instead of the solid state logic....'
Yes - that's very impressive, and the solid-state design original looks good too. Something like this (and looming retirement) might prompt me to do something on similar lines. Maybe. Moreso, the pending change-over to fibre-to-the-premises being rolled out, even to rural dwellers like me in the infrastructure backwater, means that in order to keep our house dial-and-magneto-bell telephones going, I'll need to do something, and it would be a good project.

I've never considered building an exchange before, although I seem to remember one in (I think) Practical Electronics from the '70s. I'm afraid the only telephonic non-network interchange I've put together at home involved a couple of Type 'F' field-telephones, a 4109B (Ericsson N2185A similar), and an Irish P&T 100M 552/2 connected on a party line (shed, office, living room, living room) for when our girls were little. 'What's in the freezer for tea, dad?' Well, it was for me, really.

Russell W. B.
G4YLI.