View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2021, 5:48 pm   #30
broadgage
Nonode

Default Re: Crompton 60W bulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymarie View Post
I have several 25 watt colored bulbs in use in my disco room they are Cromton 25 watt bulbs for 200/250 volts they are all ES types guess how I found out that the outer metal screw part was live! My faveroute bulb is a sort of deep orange peach color. In keeping with a vintage theme they are powered via a collection of 2 pin 5 amp plugs into an adaptor in a 2 pin socket. Does anyone know if colored flu lamps still exist or is is possible to color a white tube? Thanks guys

Coloured fluorescent tubes still exist, often in red, yellow, blue, green, and pink. The blue, green and pink lamps usually use a coloured phosphor, the red and yellow lamps are coated white ones.

Coloured compact fluorescent lamps are now hard to find but do turn up on ebay.
You can colour your own CFLs by dipping them in coloured gloss paint of the desired colour. Light the lamp afterwards for an hour or so to bake the paint onto the glass. Do this outside just in case a fault ignites the paint. Once the paint is thoroughly dry the lamps can be used safely.

Coloured LED lamps are rapidly taking over, red, blue, yellow, and green are readily available, and other colours exist.