View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2021, 1:07 pm   #1
Colin Parry
Diode

Default Trio 9R59DE alignment issue

I obtained one of these receivers some months ago. In excellent cosmetic condition, boxed and with the speaker (also boxed). Usual checks were carried out and over the last few weeks, capacitors have been replaced, a few resistors and a general internal clean up. Voltages seem about right (although slightly higher than in the service manual) and it appears fairly sensitive.

Final bit of work was an alignment. Everything went well and peaked up nicely, until I got to band D. The manual instructs you to peak up at 13mhz and then at 26mhz. Unfortunately, I cannot get band D to align properly. It will not track and becomes worse, the higher in frequency I go. By the time I get to 26mhz, the receiver is almost a full mhz out and there is not enough adjustment to bring it back to where it should be.

I have tried half a dozen times and always end up with the same issue. I have tried both sides of the oscillator frequency, but it seems to make no difference. Anyone got any ideas on where to go next? Thanks.