View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2022, 9:46 pm   #12
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Default Re: Grundig Electrostatic Tweeter Repair Tutorial

Good evening,
Many thanks for your guide,
I have been sorting one out in a Bush VHF62. In this case I decided to drill out the melted over fixings rather than using a soldering iron as I thought this would be less messy for the iron bit.
On the cover side, there are 4 small countersink holes where the plastic pillars are. I started with a 1.5mm bit and worked up opening out the holes in 0.5mm steps. at around 3mm there is a snap where the pillar breaks away as there is not enough material to hold it together. After disassembly it is easy to clean up the holes and remove the remains of the pillars. It can then be reassembled with small screws/washers and nuts should it need to come apart again.
For the small self adhesive sponge strip fitted in the rear case, I could not find anything suitable, therefore as a substitute I used 2 short lengths of silicone sleeving carefully glued on in parallel in its place as these are soft and supple enough to work.
Mine worked after the second attempt though the sound is a bit distorted. The wax capacitors in the crossover network have been changed though I haven't checked to see if the resistors in the network have gone high .

Christopher Capener
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grundig tweeter.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	256153