View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2020, 10:02 pm   #50
ORAWA01
Hexode

Default Re: Marconi C100 B28 vs. Eddystones

Thank you for posting the documents. Very useful and interesting.Yes, they are readable to me too.

I think CR100 is very interesting radio in that it is now more than half a century old, and there are plenty of them still going strong.
I personally find myself getting enthusiastic about the radio because it has lot of room to work on, and it feels that it will turn out to be very interesting restoration project.

For its performance, I cannot say much simply because I have never operated one by myself. My feelings are from the reviews, posts and a few Youtube videos, and I thought it could be a fun receiver to run in SWLing or listening to CW / SSB transmissions on HF amateur radio bands regardless of its shortcoming on the paper.

I might even try using the CR100 as a accompanying receiver pairing with one of my HF transmitter on HF, when it is fully operational.

Yes, there are more sophisticated and better performing receivers out there, but this CR100 is one for me for restoration project to learn and use in daily reception on HF.

The weight and size of CR100 is not too overwhelming, and that is also very plus point for me.

There seem a lot of interest from radio community as well, which is also great. This means that help, advice and info will be plenty available from the forum members, and also it would be relatively easy to source missing parts and worn out components, if / when they are not available from the commercial Electronics parts suppliers.