View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2020, 5:12 pm   #39
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Marconi C100 B28 vs. Eddystones

Hi Julian [Re post 29]. Googling DST100DaveWalsh [via the search box on here] brings up threads from around 2012 including info about this set and possible connections with Yorkshire. Did you see those? The chap who was interviewed reminds me of Bletchley and the enduring silence! It was amazing to get further info [even if frustratingly limited] eight years ago now.

I suspect that the R206 Mk1 is almost as rare these days. I don't think you could have spotted mine on your visit to Ramsbottom. [Formerly the Centre of the Unverse but now trendy "New Chorlton"-what a come down for Rammy!] I have a Science Magazine with a 206 featured on the cover, as part of a Weather Station. I once mentioned a description of this set I'd found on-line. It was delivered, from the Station to the owner, in a Post Office three wheel delivery vehicle. A Forum member posted and said "Yes, I wrote that!" but I can't recall who it was now

I've one or two Receivers from the CR Naval Range [including CR100's] and was once attempting to get the whole series. I do have the B29 VLF version. That really puzzled me until I realised it's a TRF set.
[What a Dummy?].

Dave W

[Currently in lock down on the coast-like so many others trying to help themselves and others].

Last edited by dave walsh; 8th Apr 2020 at 5:26 pm.