View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2020, 1:02 pm   #25
ORAWA01
Hexode

Default Re: Marconi C100 B28 vs. Eddystones

Yes, AR88, EA12, RA17 would be really nice. But they are more expensive, and the EA12 is in Southampton for Collection only sale. Too far away from me.

The CR100 was dropped off at my door by the seller, returning from his family funeral. The set including delivery was £50. I couldn't resist it. If it was couriered, the shiping cost would have been £25- £30 I am sure. So, unexpectedly I am a new owner of this 60+ year old CR100.

It looks it needs some work done before powering on. 4x valves are missing, but there are 10 valves supplied with the set along with the original manual / service book. All the controls are moving smoothly, but there is no power lead with the set.

In a way, I feel this is a good set to work on due to its simplicity and having more room inside the chassis compared to the other sets. AR88, EA12 would be too sophisticated for me to work on. And RA17 would be more so. I like sets that are easy to work on with the basic tool set = just a soldering iron and multimeters.

CR100 is not heavy as R107. I was able to lift it by myself, and brought into upstairs my radio / man cave room without any aid.

It was not possible to transport the R107 unto the upstairs radio room due to weight, so it had to be placed in downstairs spare room at the time.
The R107 was a great set. Now I regret having sold it.

Last edited by ORAWA01; 8th Apr 2020 at 1:17 pm.