View Single Post
Old 15th May 2020, 1:35 pm   #1465
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: The Audiophoolery Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanlowe View Post
it also has, I'm sure, a completely illegal plug, that only goes into the earth pin of your UK socket, while leaving the now unshuttered L and N nicely exposed.
No no nnooooo It mustn't do that! With the socket unshuttered, uncontrolled electricity will be free to fall out of the socket, filling the bedroom up to the level of the socket. The modern requirement for sockets mounted higher up walls makes this even more dangerous, they may be higher than the level of the person sleeping, unknowing, in the bed.

Researh in this area was done over fifty years ago by an American lady whose name I don't know - she's most famous as the aunt of James Thurber who did publish about some of her research in this area.

I notice the website uses the phrase 'Faraday Cage' thereby adding evidence to the statement that >99.99% of the times when one is mentioned, the context proves that the author hasn't a clue.

They'll have to update the webpage soon to mention 5G, they could be losing sales without it.

It looks a great convenience. We'll be able to take our tinfoil hats off when going to bed! Hoorah!

David