View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2022, 9:14 pm   #13
sourbiscuits
Pentode

Default Re: [HELP NEEDED] UHER Report Monitor 4000 mechanical noise/hum

Guys, again I'd like to thank you for all the inputs. Today around midday I actually came to the conclusion that it must in fact be the temporary rubber band I installed for the sake of testing the playback feature..

Here's what I did today: Removed the big (drive) wheel. Then removed the fly (brass) wheel. No noise was coming out of it when I rotated the wheel alone. Smooth as butter. I then attempted to do what чичо (I'm also bulgarian) Bulgaria suggested and just held the flywheel as the rubber belt was attached to the motor. Then I was enlightened... Since I was pulling the band by hand, it was tighter than while it was fitted in. And right before my eyes the band became wobbly. It then struck me. I removed the band from thr roles and I just pulled it with my fingers. If you do that and strike the band it makes a rubber sound.. A rather lower pitched sound any pulled string would do. I can only guess but I am strongly convinced now (contrary to my last post) that it must be the lack of propper belt causing the wobbly noise coming out.

I am ordering a new set of belts and am hoping to get it by Friday this week. I will post an update in the thread. I once again thank you for the help! Your last three responses really confirm my latest discovery.

I'll stay in touch!