View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2021, 1:41 pm   #26
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Multiprocessing SCMPII on MK14

SBASM3 puts me in mind of the old DOS PseudoSAM (TM) series of cross assemblers which I used to use quite extensively in the early nineties although I think they were old even then.

They had the same signature habit of abbreviating directives to .xx, (like ORG to .OR or DEFB to .DB) so I wonder if San Bergmans (Author of SBASM3) was also aware of those.

I can't recall there having been an SC/MP / 8060 version though.

As a matter of fact the Beta versions of SBASM3 did not come with an SC/MP 'cross' so I knocked one up, which worked well enough for my purposes, and sent it to San, who evidently thought I'd made such a horrible job of it that he sat down and did it properly himself and included one, written to the same standard as the others, in the final release. We may therefore have my terrible Python coding to thank for the fact that SBASM3 comes with an SC/MP cross at all. I think he just couldn't bear see it done badly.

Mine was 'better' in one respect though, it assembled code written in exact MK14 manual syntax, as that had been my primary aim. I only later realised I'd missed out an entire group of instructions...

One of these days (...almost certainly never) I might dig that out, finish it and 'publish' it as MK14.CR