View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2021, 4:38 pm   #20
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: PW Jan 1983 50 Ohm Dummy load

An original Heathkit "Cantenna" [joke] RF LOAD [Tanuki post 6*] has emerged here in Sussex. It appears to handle up to 1k according to the de-rating curve printed on the side, using an element immersed in Transformer and Mineral Oil. It's fairly original, basically a 5 Litre Paint Can, itself painted black with the distinctive white lettering and a small box with a BNC? RF in socket on top. Unfortunately there is some rust on the bottom lip and underneath but it's not breached [there's liquid inside] and otherwise, pretty much "as was". This is the result of a cellar flood up North in the eighties but it's probably very restorable. I'll pass it on for free if anyone wants it for that "vintage" look-perhaps with a different interior set up? [I've mentioned it here rather than "Parts Offered" Mods as this seems to be the Dummy Load Interest Group] .

Dave W

I've attempted to get the lid off. It looks ok but it's probably rusted in to some degree. I've left it for now as I don't want to deform the lid or the can!

Last edited by dave walsh; 19th Jun 2021 at 4:49 pm.