View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2019, 12:37 pm   #499
Craig Sawyers
Dekatron

Default Re: Audiophoolery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Wrangler View Post
Whatever you do, don't open the box!

The manufacturer says that the drain wires feed all the nasty interference down into the ground box.
Ha ha! Looking at the size and weight, it has an average density of 3g/cc, or about 3.5g/cc once you have the wooden box off it.

If it was full to the brim with aluminium, it would be too light. Likewise sand - far, far too light too.

It could be about half full of either copper or iron. Or 1/3 full of lead.

One the vague offchance that there is something of real electrical merit in there, I'm betting on a monster iron cored inductor. That would allow fault currents to be connected to safety earth, but present a high impedance to any RF.

But then again, there is no approved ground connector there, so who knows.

Craig

PS have you read the only review for this thing? It is a hoot - it just has to be a send up.

"Incredible! I was not satisfied with the sound of my Hi-Fi system. The noise floor was way too high and the harmonics were all distorted. This also messed up the ultrasonic frequencies stopping me from enjoying my music to its full potential. Sure, I couldn't hear them, but the dog made it all too obvious.

The day my Entreq Olympus Tellus Ground Box arrived it was a day of great joy. Now when people came over, I could show them the receipt and watch them awe at the amount of money I spent on a wooden box.

Does it improve my listening experience? Absolutely! Now I can reach the top shelf where I have a bunch of CDs and listen to music that has been out of my reach for years since I had my stepladder stolen.

Not only that, I can also reach the top of my fridge, the closet and if I prop it on top of a chair, I can even reach the burnt out light bulbs!

My house has never looked brighter!"
Craig Sawyers is offline   Reply With Quote