View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2021, 1:57 pm   #26
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Re: Converting a Photo to a Line Drawing?

Afternoon Mike!

I had a look at David's post you linked to and I used to try and do things like that by hand on A3 sheets of scrap paper from my technical drawing class at school, trouble is I don't have the patience and and hands steady enough today to draw it as neatly as David did, which is why I try and do everything in my sPlan software with the Uno lettering Chris Flippard digitised for me!

As an example of something like David's Valve Tester setup, I tried drawing a convergence board with the adjustment plan of a Decca 60 (the very rare 110° delta–gun chassis, CV602 etc., (I once saw my one and only example of these in my local grocer's TV repair shop where I learnt my colour TV servicing in the late 1970s!), & it failed dismally because I couldn't get it to fit on one sheet of A3 paper!

I did obtain, more recently, the Electronic Symbols Stencils BB4 and BB5 that Uno produced and still have them buried somewhere!

Chris Williams