View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2021, 6:15 pm   #15
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Default Re: Coughtrie light, stuck glass!

Hi Peter,

No progress so far, the new strap wrench arrived, I tried it, and it’s still refusing to budge! WD40 seems to have done nothing, so it’s on to the petroleum jelly next! I drew a line on it at the start to see if it moves at all, and so far it hasn’t moved at all... I did remove the rubber seal before I started on it, as I’d also hoped it was just that holding it, it was a bit gooey in the middle, but it wasn’t holding anything in place.

I did have some luck with the SW10 that came with this one, I managed to loosen the corner bracket and remove it from the swan neck part, the threads are kind of trashed, but it does still screw in and out, I was hoping to use the corner bracket from the SG6, as the one in the SW10 is missing a bit, but annoyingly despite having the same part number on both brackets, they both have different threads! At least it gives me more incentive to get the SG6’s glass off...

My brother came up with a good solution of the glass won’t come off, he suggested stuffing fibre optic cable up the swan neck and having the light source elsewhere!

Regards
Lloyd