View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2020, 9:58 pm   #36
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: R1155 Modern Power Supply

I'll try and get a photo out re the [probably 1950's] PSU] that came with my 1155 [post 20*]. Excellent overview David but I can't see there's is any criticism of sets being stripped out it was just the way it was then as you so clearly explained and I [for example] was simply reporting what usually happened. Who can claim it was a bad idea in the post war years? I'm not sure that a lot of owners [as you say it was a rare achievement to get one at all] would have thought it even possible possible to restore the DF section back then It was years before I saw an aerial unit for example! When dsan sorts his PSU it will be great to see a high quality restoration of the whole system. I think you're pecking order re sets is probably accurate but from my [teenage] point of view I always thought of a set with a "proper" half moon dial was very desirable but never got one. The R107 "moonie" was a bit clunky but the R1155 seemed the business although I never got hold of either Receivers like the 19 Set [unaccountably in demand still with all the accessories] and especially the Canadian 52 Set had very crude dials in my view [I had both of these ] but they were always be at "beggars can't be choosers" end of the list for me

Dave