View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2012, 2:22 am   #16
Eidolon
Hexode

Default Re: Philips 22CS1002/05T TV. A few queries

I'm starting to get the impression that this set is about to conk out. A couple of weeks ago it started giving off high pitched buzzing, quite loudly at first, but it subsides after a few seconds.
Now, today, it's been starting to have more picture problems. I get horizontal flashes of whiter (if that makes sense) and also horizontal colour flickering, almost like a bad cable connection.

I've been having a look around it, and the RF aerial lead seems to be inserted correctly. Unlike the top of image distortion, which only affected the VHS input, this is constant across VHS and other inputs (DVD or Freeview) bounced in via the VCR.

Is there any kind of link or consistency between these ever increasing issues? I'm clearly going to have to give the set some serious servicing. I'm hoping it's all pretty much down to one thing for convenience.

Can I also get the channel inputs modded for problem free video signal inputs? Channel 8 is labelled VCR, but I still get a minor bit of broken interlace skew along the top cm or two, but the other channels can't handle VCR input anymore, even though they did at first.

On another note, is there any kind of outside interference that may be to blame? I have the VCR, DVD, and an old style dial phone on top of the TV, and the neighbour has her LCD flatscreen on the other side of the wall.

Thanks again for the help.