View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2012, 11:40 am   #8
Eidolon
Hexode

Default Re: Philips 22CS1002/05T TV. A few queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideband View Post
errr?? WHAT is a THX optimizer? In 40 years in the trade (35 years in Philips), I've never heard of it.
a THX optimizer is a very basic image calibration tool that comes on any DVD carrying the THX logo. it's a good easy tool just to check issues with overscan, colour, sharpness and distortion.
regarding the stand, i've checked ebay both for an old TV and a stand for years, before finally getting this TV. old sets like this aren't easy to get, and when they are up, they're always collection only miles from here. I had to go for this one without a stand.
I don't know exactly how to search for a suitable stand. typing in TV stand brings up all kinds of rubbish.

What's HT? I'm still kind of figuring my way through all of this.

A THX Optimizer is a very basic image calibration tool that comes on any DVD carrying the THX logo. It's a good easy tool just to check issues with overscan, colour, sharpness and distortion.

Regarding the stand, I've checked ebay both for an old TV and a stand for years, before finally getting this TV. Old sets like this aren't easy to get, and when they are up, they're always collection only miles from here. I had to go for this one without a stand.

I don't know exactly how to search for a suitable stand. typing in TV stand brings up all kinds of rubbish.

What's HT? I'm still kind of figuring my way through all of this.

Last edited by Station X; 10th Dec 2012 at 3:00 pm. Reason: Please get yourself a new keyboard with a working shift key.