View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2020, 5:08 pm   #94
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: High voltage regulator circuit.

Think I misinterpreted Ref's suggestion Dave, what your going all going on about is chucking the current sources and powering the Vref and Q's base from a lower voltage rail yes? I do have a spare 29v AC winding, good for about an amp.

At present I have the potential divider/follower dropping 100v, which consists of a 100k and 220k from HT to gnd, junction of these two R's to a mosfet gate, HT to drain, source out to Dave's PSU, am using a IPW60R330P6 that Dave sent me as for the mosfet. Am using a SiHG30N60E as the mosfet in the regulator, both very beefy TO247 fets. this selection based on pure guesswork. Apropos of nothing, looking at mosfet datasheets and others of similar type it says some are D series, others E series, not sure what that signifies.

After correcting a few cockup's I'd made building the board and debugging it's working well so far, see pics. note some parts are temporary and tacked in for debugging. Will give it some proper gyp tomorrow but so far shorting the OP results in no smoke just reduced V out.

Andy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02684.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	212592   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02685.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	212593   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02686.JPG