View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2020, 8:50 am   #5
AdrianH
Octode

Default Re: Hope to start an audio amp with CV415/CV4046/TT15

I can remember the QQV0 series, 3-10 was in the Pye Cambridge. I think the 3-20 in the AM25B? Vanguard and the 6-40 in the FM vanguard, also If memory is still working the F27 Base station which was AM and F30 FM base stations of the day. There were also quick heat versions of the QQZ series that was used in the Westminster boot mounted radios, that takes me back to the early 80's working at Pye in Ardwick, Manchester.

As to availability, Langrex seem to have a few hundred of the TT15 in stock, so I doubt it is an issue unless I start a trend I think they will be there for years to come.

The next thing is to get the valve to fit the ceramic holder and try to fabricate something to use with my tester to check each Tetrode.
Then start building a chassis for the PSU which will be separate to the amp, that way it can always be used with other projects if this one is a dud.

As to power out, not sure what it will provide but if it can swing a few hundred volts in push pull at peak 50mA then it should be enough.

Time to get busy.

Adrian