View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2021, 3:42 pm   #133
Pinörkel
Pentode

Default Re: Telequipment D75 scope.

With the help of an HV-probe, I managed to narrow down the issues on my D755 to a leaking grid voltage. The most likely culprit is, unfortunately, the EHT transformer and more specifically the second pin to the right on the first attached picture. As I see it, my options are to replace the whole paxolin board with some close to 3.5mm thickness FR-4 board, or to insulate the solder posts on the HV side in the existing board. For insulation, I could try some small ceramic tubes or heat shrinking tube. While the former seems very hard to acquire, the latter might make the posts unstable. This might be an issue, since e.g. the attached cable of the quintupler is under quite a lot of tension. Thick FR-4 board, on the other hand, seems also hard to source in small quantities. However, for both solution strategies, I have to remove the solder posts from the paxolin board first. They are coated with a surprisingly hard and heat resistant, semi-transparent coating which seems to be very hard to remove without damaging the flimsy transformer wires, especially on the low voltage side. Has anybody here done this operation before and can share some hints on damage-free post removal and replacement options?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D755_EHT_1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	224780   Click image for larger version

Name:	D755_EHT_2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	224781