View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2020, 11:47 pm   #132
Pinörkel
Pentode

Default Re: Telequipment D75 scope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorBikeLes View Post
I may have mentioned this before up thread, but a little problem that crop up is the rubber sleeving (see you second pic in last message) can go leaky. I had it a couple of times with the black rubber sleeving.
Les.
Thank you for the hint. I will keep an eye on those. However, on my D755, all leads around those connections have additional insulation sleeves. In addition to that, a closer look on the place at the transformer I observed arcing at revealed a poorly soldered solder joint with a pointy extension. If I remember correctly, solder joints like that can be an issue in high voltage environments. Maybe I am lucky and it is just that.

It would be nice, if I had a way to determine on which winding (grid or cathode/focus side) of the transformer the arcing occurs. Seems like I have to finally get myself a high voltage probe and a bench multimeter with fast logging capability, like a Keithley DMM6500. Alternatively, a cheap differential high voltage probe like the Micsig DP20003 might also do the trick.