View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2019, 10:04 pm   #81
Pinörkel
Pentode

Default Re: Telequipment D75 scope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
Unfortunately this one is beyond repair. The capacitors leaked in it. The seller did a respectable job of replacing them but the capacitor juice had wicked its way up the transformer leads and the have disintegrated.
That is sad to hear. I did not know electrolytic fluid could dissolve thick copper wires by creeping up the cable. That is more a thing of leaking batteries, according to my experience. And you cannot simply shorten the damaged parts of the leads and use new wires to connect them to the intended places?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
Thus if anyone needs any parts, let me know. All parts FOC - just postage cost.
If that D75 is really beyond repair I could make good use of quite some parts, when I finally get to repair my D755. That unit has, among other issues, broken stands at the back, a very damaged V4 front plate, a missing power cord and a messed up power connector plate, a scratched screen acrylic plate and a lot of potentiometers in horrible condition. Not speaking of the issues I have not yet discovered. If you are OK with it, I could put together a list of parts (only those which can be extracted without producing too much work on your side) once I finished repairing my D75.

Speaking of scratches on the screen acrylic plate: Does anyone know a secure and high quality method of removing scratches from these plates. Selectively sanding and polishing scratches often leaves ugly bumps on the surface that cause diffractive distortions. Scratches on the other side are non-transparent and additionally cast nasty shadows on the screen. I am reluctant to sand down and polish the entire plate surface because I could not achieve satisfactory results on a piece of acrylic glass that I experimented with.