View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2019, 5:14 pm   #73
Argus25
No Longer a Member

Default Re: Telequipment D75 scope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinörkel View Post
So, if you say that a good calibration would essentially need one of these four slot Tek power frames, equipped with a calibrated set of the modules you mentioned, a calibration of my D75 might be completely out of reach for me.
Denis
I would suggest the bare minimum then, a single slot TM501 power unit with just the PG506. That is quite compact assembly too and doesn't occupy much bench space and keeps the cost to the minimum. Also you will end up using it on every scope you repair, so in the end it pays for itself many times over. TM501's are multi mains input voltages selected by a jumper so they are fine in the UK or Europe.

There is a way to build a generator like this, but it is a very large amount of work. It has a unique output stage quite unlike any common generator, its principles could be copied, it is very well documented in their manual. Though I think it would be better to use their unit, even the broken ones I have bought on ebay are easily fixed as Tek's manual on it is excellent.