View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2020, 5:25 pm   #200
usradcoll1
Heptode

Default Re: Any other plug collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickgnl View Post
Just stumbled across this thread. I can’t believe other folk find this stuff interesting too.

When i was little in the late fifties early sixties my first task when visiting a house with family was to investigate a houses electric sockets! Every house was different back then. I clearly remember my grandparents had a two pin 15 amp socket in their lounge, they also had a drawer full of old electric plugs and sockets. Needless to say i am now 62 and never throw away an interesting plug. Or charger for that matter. I have a drawer full of continental, US and australian mains leads, kept - just in case. Also have a ton of audio, video, telephone and aerial cables....

Crazy, but clearly i am not alone!
I'm 75 now, but when I was young, I had the same interest, plugs and sockets. The neighbors used to say that I was crazy, scoping out the electrical sockets and plugs, lighting fixtures, ETC.
My Mother said that the same people that said that were the first ones that called me to repair their radio or TV, when I got older. Later on, I served an apprenticeship as an industrial electrician, so something good came of it.
Cheers from USradcoll1