View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2020, 7:10 am   #12
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: Heathkit Valve Voltmeter - a tale or woe, suffering and utter misery etc.etc.

It's the same with traffic light Gods, sometimes they're happy and all lights are on green or turn green as you approach. Other days the Gods are either sleeping or they've had a row with Mrs traffic light God, so it's red light's all the way and what's even worse is that the railway crossing Gods are also in a stroppy mood so your in for a ten minute wait and more red lights & your late for an appointment, it's easy to understand how Marvin felt.

In these cases it's worth lighting a joss stick and doing a funny dance Skyclad ( in the nip) round the garden pond, it may work and improve your luck, your meters may fix themselves, if not the neighbours will have had a laugh. A Magic Tree or air freshener will do if you don't have joss sticks.

Meter movements seem to be very prone to the stoppy gods syndrome, i bought two identical NOS vintage 50uA meters because I didn't like the cheap Chinese offerings for amp VU meters. Holes drilled, circuit built one meter OC.spent ages on ebay looking for the same meter/movement, found one, same movement different I/FSD, in the end it cost me about £100 and numerous hours to get two identical meters. Don't talk to me about meters....

Anyhoo,hope you get it fixed, Andy.